Monday, April 24, 2017

Must Read "Incomplete Sentence" By E.E. Kennedy

Synopsis:
Gregory Rasmussen, the infamous Rasputin Killer, never served the sentence handed down in absentia for a particularly brutal murder. He has eluded the law for years, but he is now believed to be in the North Country. When a resident is murdered at the local retirement home, speculation about the killer’s identity fills the headlines. Then another victim is found at Chez Prentice.


Trapped in her snowbound B&B with elderly new friend Hugh Channing, father of the first victim, and her baby, Janet, Amelia Prentice Dickensen and her staff are asking themselves: Where is the murderer? Is he really the Rasputin Killer? Could one of their guests be the infamous psychopath, known for his power to charm and his fine singing voice? Will publicity surrounding the discovery of a dead body in the basement put the B&B out of business?


Interspersed with humor and local Adirondack color, Amelia’s latest murder case is especially chilling.


Review:
An intriguing, delightful mystery, Incomplete Sentence captured my attention right from the very beginning with the suspenseful prologue. This is the fourth book in the Miss Prentice Mystery Series by E. E. Kennedy. Although I had not read the first three installments, the author made it easy for me to jump right in and follow along while the characters developed and the storyline unfolded.


Incomplete Sentence is a  “cozy mystery” in my opinion, as the main setting of the story is a charming bed and breakfast and the small cast of characters have somewhat quirky, interesting personalities. I found the main female character  to be quite funny, correcting everyone’s grammar. There is a warmth, fitting the cozy genre.


However, it is also full of suspense, keeping mystery lovers turning the pages quickly, reveling in the tension and detective work that’s going on as well. I was held captive as the plot unfolded and the individual characters both intrigued and amused me. I loved the twists and turns and admit I was confounded at times when I thought I knew who the killer was, only to find out I was wrong, and was kept guessing.
Incomplete Sentence definitely has an ending that satisfies the mystery lover's soul.


I find a lot of mysteries lack the ability to hold the interest and attention of the reader, but not with this one.
E.E. Kennedy has a clear, creative and strong literary voice with great forethought.
Incomplete Sentence is very well written with smart, code-cracking intelligence.
I recommend it to all mystery lovers, to diehard cozy mystery fans as well as more suspenseful mystery enthusiasts.
It’s a great 5 star read.
Click To Purchase "Incomplete Sentence Now

No comments:

Post a Comment